A Little Time Is All You Need!
Warning: Read only if you're gonna read it completely...
✨✨✨
Emotions had taken toll over me...
Couldn't think straight...
Couldn't see what's right...
All my soul wanted was to be freed...
''A slice in my wrist is enough...
A good number of pills can help...
A lace can hold me good as I yelp...
A bullet into my skull isn't tough...''
Thinking through the possibilities
I, unusually, felt at ease and relaxing...
I was going to get an eternal laxing...
A final check through my abilities...
Check!
Everything was set...
I got everything, to end it...
To end the pain that knit
My life into an untangled knot...
My soul was enthralled
For the liberty round the corner...
My final hope was mauled
And I wasn't ready for any second thoughts...
Already!
"I should give my soul, its peace...
I should give myself a flight from this sphere...
It's time...
It's high time..."
One last glance at the family picture.
"One time... Should I?"
One last remembrance of my happy days.
"Only once... Should I?"
Minutes clicked...
Grabbing my family picture;
Gasping at beautiful memories;
Sobbing my gut out;
"Should I?
Should I leave them all behind?"
Tears were unstoppable..
A wait was needed for them to drain..
A wait was needed for my brain
To put some sense into myself..
"Should I leave them still?"
"Why would I?"
I threw the pills away..
Put the gun out of my way..
Fastened somewhere the lace..
Returned the knife in place..
To let my pain fade out,
To let my brain work out,
To set my unsolvable problems a solution,
To get that suffering is just an illusion,
All I needed was a little time...
A wait was all I needed;
And that cry heeded
Some time as it kneaded
Away the pain; little by little...
To think straight and decide right,
A wait was all I needed.
- Selna M Gayath
✨✨✨
The poem may sound absurd. But believe me, you owe your soul that last little time to double check on your emotions and to snap yourself out of that trance.
Mental health is something, you have to give attention to. It is not a choice but a necessity.
I agree, our life glitches at times just like any other electrical device would do. But you can't just discard your life like you do with those old glitching gadgets, can you? You can not decide to quit living. Your soul values much, much more than those freaking gadgets.
If you think I'm talking nonsense, you've to understand, people are dying for a problem that's nowhere near to their stupid big decision. An article on September 10, 2020, in Times of India says that India accounts for 17.8 percent of all reported suicide cases.
We never take mental health seriously. Yes, we speak about it when some celebrity dies. But, where are those promises that we make to keep a check on our loved ones?
Of course, I wrote that poem after reading 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. That book gave me a lot to think. The very ending of that novel where Clay decides to go, check on that another girl, Skye, whom he suspects can be going through what Hannah had gone through, it is a cue to all it's readers. It's a message that asks us to check on our people. A message that warns us to not let any Hannah slip away; not anymore.
Let's decide:
✓ When we are down, we shall give ourselves a good amount of time so that our super-dejected brain work on itself a little. When all other organs can repair itself, our mind can too, right? Let us be patient and let it do its thing.
✓At the same time, we shall look after our people. Maybe, who knows, maybe our shoulder to their sob can save them from a meaningless decision. Why not give them that?
If you've come this far, well, thank you so much! ✨
❤️
Comments
Post a Comment