Never the same again!

I built a fort
with forlorn keys 
I built it all around me
A desolate fort for a bleak soul 
In I stayed, in I reigned
A rule of quietness
A rule of emptiness
I thrived
My fort thrived 
Until I made a mistake

I broke my doors to let a lark in
I took its consent for granted
for I believed it liked my fort
I believed, it liked its stay
It stayed and it sung
I didn't care why the caged bird sang
I liked it singing 
to my black walls
I cried to its song
My lonely walls crumbled down to it
Everyday, every minute,
slab after a slab
I let the damn lark
crush my desolate fort down

Now it won’t sing anymore
I sit on the quiet rubble
I can not bear the silence
I let go of the lark
It was never meant to be mine
I let go of the lark
And I fall and fall 
into the debris of my fallen fort
This is where I belong
But I don’t find my place
This is where I belonged
But I lost my place
I fall and still fall
Because I can never fly with the lark
Nor can I build another fort
I lost it all
And,
falling into my loss is all I can do

- Gayathri Tamilselvan

Comments

Post a Comment