Perhaps a poem

It happened long ago -
a sharp tropical line
divided my heart into two.
My heart is part warm
and part colder from then.
I caged my favorite people in the warmer part.
The colder part collected colder dust
And colder it became every passing day
I cared not.

But I see it now.
The part warm heart is getting crowded.
The warmth of the love
the people in there radiate,
it's started melting the colder regions.
I weep out loud.
Like the melting glaciers,
my heart part melts with warm love.
Unlike the melting glaciers
my part melting heart ensures sustainability.
I will survive this melting.

I weep out loud.
My part colder heart melts out tears
knowing for sure that
people care to hold them for me -
to hold my ugly colder dust,
melting them into nothing 
with a warm smile of kindness.
I see them
I see how they see me
and I am afraid.

I fear letting them melt it all out.
I fear letting them see it all as I vent.
I fear this new overwhelming warmth.
I fear losing my familiar colder dust of my heart.
I fear the change.
I fear it all
when my heart slowly melts away
the traces of my tropical divide.
Perhaps, I will survive this fear.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts